Cramer Announces 2018 Military Academy Nominations
Washington, D.C. - Congressman Kevin Cramer has nominated seven students to the United States military service academies. Nominees would enter their academy in the fall of 2018.
Cramer nominated Brenna Bulman of Cando and Ian Tjelta of Sheyenne to the United States Military Academy at West Point as well as Aidan Lambrecht of Bismarck and Brody Armstrong of Minot to the United States Naval Academy. He also nominated Evan Carmichael of Dickinson to the United States Air Force Academy, and John Lynch and Daniel Carroll, both of Dickinson, to the United States Merchant Marine Academy.
“These young North Dakotans are second-to-none and I’m proud to be able to nominate them to our nation’s prestigious military academies,” said Cramer. “Every year, North Dakota produces strong candidates for the academies and this year is certainly no different. These students exemplify what it means to work hard, serve their community, and be leaders among their peers. I have no doubt each of them would be extremely successful cadets.”
Students must be nominated to an academy by a member of Congress, the Vice President of the United States, or a Service Branch Secretary. Final appointment decisions are made by the individual academies.
Those interested in applying for 2019 admission to a military service academy can find more information on Congressman Cramer’s official website, or by calling Randy Richards in the Grand Forks office at 701-738-4880.
Information on the students is below:
United States Military Academy at West Point:
- Brenna Bulman (Cando, ND) – Brenna, daughter of Lee and Lori Bulman, attends North Star Public School and is active in many activities including volleyball, basketball, band, choir, drama club, FCCLA, and tutoring. She also serves as president of the Honor Society and student body.
- Ian Tjelta (Sheyenne, ND) – Ian, son of Peter and Jodi Tjelta, attends Devils Lake High School and participates in track and field, cross country, North Dakota All-Star Trap Team, 4-H Shooting Sports, JROTC, hunting, dog sledding, and church youth group.
United States Naval Academy:
- Aidan Lambrecht (Bismarck, ND) – Aidan, son of Craig and Jewel Lambrecht, attends Shiloh Christian School and is active in football, basketball, student council, Sunday school, youth basketball coaching, youth mentoring, and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
- Brody Armstrong (Minot, ND) – Brody, son of Darren and Amy Armstrong, attends Minot High School and is a part of student council, varsity wrestling, National Honor Society, and Air Force JROTC.
United States Air Force Academy:
- Evan Carmichael (Dickinson, ND) – Evan, son of Bruce and Kim Carmichael, attends Dickinson High School and is involved in Academic Club, 321 Competition, hockey, National Honor Society, Boys State, Leadership Dickinson, golf, and has an interest in military history.
United States Merchant Marine Academy:
- John Lynch (Dickinson, ND) – John, son of Christopher and Nancy Lynch, attends Point Pleasanton Beach High School and is active in the National Honor Society, marching band, jazz band, musical theatre, football, track, Boys State. In addition, John also serves a life guard.
- Daniel Carroll (Dickinson, ND) – Daniel, son of Russell and Carolyn Carroll, attends Dickinson High School and participates in cross country, FBLA, science club, Civil Air Patrol, Boys State, and math club.